Friday 19 August 2011

 Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. Had to run a bunch of errands for the house and to top it all off got a flat tire with two kids in the car and had to ask my husband for help while he was sheeting the roof! gotta love it :)

One of the benefits of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is that I get access to a website called Stampin' Connection where demonstrators share ideas. I saw this great idea. It is a gift card holder, now who doesn't like giving and receiving gift cards for Christmas, birthdays etc....?

This is the front of the card. It is actually the top note cut out of paper that had been folded and is glued/taped onto just one sheet of paper decorated with DSP. You take a piece of paper cut to 12X5, crease it, and fold it. The DSP is retired, but I am excited to say that my new Christmas DSP arrived today! wahoooo



On the inside fold you cut out the place for the gift card using your Word Window Punch. I marked with the size with a pen and then punched.



The folded top note stays shut with the Filigree brad which I should of put in the centre to hold it shut better.

You could use ribbon to tie it shut or a jumbo brad as well would look really cute. I am
thinking of doing a class where we make two different gift card holders, one Christmas and one birthday. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment